Student Organization Support Series
The Office of Campus Life & Leadership will continue the Student Organizations Support (SOS) Series this fall. It is an initiative intended to ensure that you, as student organization leaders are properly equipped to lead your groups successfully and utilize all of the ECU resources available. SOS goals are:
- Help your student organization identify and achieve its goals
- Develop your leadership knowledge and skills
- Increase awareness of university policies and state laws
- Ensure you have every possibility to capitalize on the resources available to you
What does this mean for my organization?
- By attending your organization will be recognized as a current student organization with all of the privileges and responsibilities of active status.
- Attending two different sessions of the four is mandatory for your officers and advisors. For your convenience, sessions will be repeated giving the same session at noon and 5 P.
- Advisors who attended two sessions either Fall '09 or Spring '10 will not be required to attend again for a couple of years. New advisors should attend during their initial year.
- The SOS Series is designed to give you the tools to achieve your organization's goals. At any time you can suggest topics to discuss for the series.
- Planning campus events will be a breeze with the know how of facilities and campus PR.
In addition to this new series, here are a few other helpful links for your student organization
- Starting a New Student Organization -- simply complete the registration form (pdf) and submit a constitution or set of by-laws to outline the structure and purpose of your new organization. All organizations must have a faculty advisor and a minimum of six active members. Submit all information to the Campus Life & Leadership Office, University Center, Rm. 152.
- Community Service -- Every year student organizations must submit information documenting service to the Ada Community or ECU Campus. You may email this information to CampusLife&Leadership@ecok.edu. Organizations must be involved in at least one community service project each year to receive active status.