About Disability Services
“Leveling the Playing Field”
Disability Services works with students, professors, and administration to foster a welcoming environment, inclusive and accessible for everyone! We work with our students, to support and encourage self-advocacy, self-awareness, independence, and academic achievement.
Our goals at Disability Services are to help students with disabilities to:
- Achieve academic success.
- Develop an on-going relationship with our office.
- Improve communication with your professors.
- Promote equal opportunity for all students and yourself.
- Assist you with identifying appropriate resources on campus.
In working with each student to develop an accommodation plan that is tailored for that student, Disability Services provides the tools, reasonable accommodations and support, so that students with disabilities who are otherwise qualified may meet the demands of University life at ECU.