Former Student Admissions


How to Apply

Applying to ECU as a Former Student

Any student who has not attended ECU within the last three years is considered a former student and must re-apply for admission. The $20 non-refundable application fee does not apply; however, if transferring back to ECU from another institution, an official transcript showing all course work from any schools attended since ECU must be submitted to the Office of Admissions & Records.

Students who have attended ECU within the last three years, even if they have sat out one or more semesters, are considered active students. In lieu of re-applying for admissions, active students can complete name/address change forms or major/advisor change forms, if applicable, to update their file. Please note that all name changes require proper documentation before being processed in the Office of Admissions & Records.

Note: Regardless of the length of time away from ECU, if the student has attended another college/university since ECU, an application for re-admission must be completed.

The initial steps in the admitting process for former students are as follows:

Fill out the online application for admission or
Request an application for admission by phone 580-559-5237 or e-mail Kylie Stephens at and mail the completed form to:
East Central University
Office of Admissions & Records
1100 E 14 ECU PMB J8
Ada, OK 74820-6999
Submit all official college transcripts from previous colleges/universities, if applicable.