Student Health Services
Patients have the right to:
- Be treated with respect, consideration and dignity.
- Be provided appropriate privacy
- Confidentiality of records. Patients are given the opportunity to approve or refuse release of their medical information.
- Clear explanations about their condition, any proposed procedure, any risk of mortality, serious side effects and recuperation problems.
- Clear explanations of their diagnosis, prognosis and method(s) of treatment and alternatives in care and treatment.
- Refuse treatment or any procedure, or seek a second opinion outside the SHS at their own expense.
- To be informed of fees for service or procedures provided, and to receive a copy of their SHS bill.
- Address any grievance to the Administration of the SHS.
- Expect marketing or advertising regarding the competence and capabilities of the SHS that are not misleading.
SHS patients have the responsibility to:
- Provide accurate information relating to their health.
- Cooperate in the treatment plan recommended by SHS Physician, PA and other health providers.
- Accept personal responsibility if they refuse treatment
- Abide by the SHS rules, regulations and policies
- Accept financial responsibility for services received. 6. Respect the rights of other patients and SHS personnel