Educational Opportunity Center
The EOC Program at a Glance
The East Central University's Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) is a federally funded TRIO program that has been operating from the ECU campus since 1991. ECU's Educational Opportunity Center is one of 138 Educational Opportunity Centers in America serving 158,000 individuals. EOC provides financial aid and admissions counseling, information and assistance to qualified adults who want to enter, re-enter, or continue a program of post secondary education. EOC programs nationwide primarily serve displaced or underemployed adults with annual family incomes of under $24,000.
The trained counselors at East Central University's Educational Opportunity Center can help you gain the skills you need to enter or re-enter college, vocational training programs or complete your GED. All the services of EOC are Free to eligible adults. Obtain all the advantages and opportunities offered by a quality education!
All EOC services are FREE to eligible adults.
The Mission of East Central University’s Educational Opportunity Center
EOC provides low income, high risk and first generation adult learners, in its service area, assistance in completing and submitting applications for federal, state, and local financial aid as well as other funding sources; applying for admission to universities, colleges, or technology centers; and ultimately enrolling in, continuing through, and successfully completing programs of postsecondary education.
- EOC fosters student success by recognizing that all individuals have value and deserve respect.
- EOC encourages its participants to strive to become personally accountable, resourceful and creative.
- EOC maintains high expectations and standards while extending a sense of community and support that provides opportunities for students to discover acceptance and assistance in meeting their personal goals.
- EOC affords students the opportunity to develop their leadership skills in an environment that is supportive, mentoring, and challenging.
- EOC aspires to be student-centered and learning-focused by helping students elevate their educational levels and grow in the wake of challenges and adversity.
- EOC seeks to empower students in cultivating skills necessary to live productively in a diverse and complex global society.