As a student-centered university, East Central University provides optimal learning experiences and services that lead to student success. Students are the center of our focus. Students and their success serve as the driving force behind our decisions. As our first priority, East Central students deserve the greatest educational opportunities and the highest quality of service.
The University community expects and empowers our students to take responsibility for their academic work, social life and career development. We know that three primary factors influence student success: 1) the student's devotion of considerable time and energy to the learning process; 2) an institutional culture promoted by faculty, staff and administrators that engenders a caring and supportive environment; and 3) instructional experiences and support services that meet the academic, social and career development needs of students.
At East Central University, our students, faculty, staff and administrators recognize that student success is a shared responsibility characterized by:
- take responsibility for their own learning;
- meet high expectations and gain diverse life experiences as they expand knowledge and skills useful for the future;
- increase ability to analyze, interpret and solve problems in order to make informed decisions;
- fully engage in pursuing realistic academic, career and social goals and monitor their progress toward those goals;
- fully engage in all aspects of campus life including co-curricular programs, activities and events;
- interact with a diverse community of learners and become knowledgeable of global issues; and
- become professional leaders who are strong contributors to society.
Faculty, Staff and Administrators who:
- provide nurturing and caring support needed for students to succeed;
- commit to all students being successful;
- continually develop and deliver programs and services that better serve students;
- promote learning that is rigorous and meaningful;
- realize student success is influenced by peers, faculty, staff, administrators and the University’s practices, policies and environment; and
- challenge students to aspire to the highest academic, social and career goals.
East Central University is Oklahoma's premier comprehensive student-centered regional university.