To be eligible for VWIP you must meet the following critiera:
- MUST be a Veteran with more than 180 days of active duty service or a service connected disability. (Discharge must be other than dishonorable)
- MUST be willing and able to obtain employment.
- MUST be in good physical condition and be able to meet general physical labor requirements. Must be able to lift 40 lbs, able to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time and able to climb stairs.
- MUST have an employment barrier, but the barrier can not be so severe that the veteran would not be able to fully participate in all program activities.
- MUST register with a local Oklahoma Employment Securities Commission (OESC) Workforce Oklahoma.
*DISCHARGE CANNOT BE DISHONORABLE.
Local Veterans Employment Service Representative
To apply for our program you must go through the Workforce Office, which you will have to speak to a Local Veterans Employment Service Representative (LVER). If you do not know how to locate your LVER do not hesitate to contact one of our staff members.